Monday, July 29, 2013

So, Who Am I?

To answer that question, my name is Kimberley :)


(I actually have the right side of my head shaved, and red hair that fades oh-too-quickly)


I'm a recent graduate of Soka University of America (c/o 2013! woohoo!). A school I'm absolutely proud of.


(meet Kuni, a good friend, alumni, and one of the coolest, most talented dudes I know)

&

I am currently on a traveller's status in South Korea, but looking for a job :)




Meet Seon Mi Jin. Or, as we like to call her, Seon (pronounced as Sun)


(that's the two of us at a by a lake)

I'm currently staying with her and her family till employment is bestowed upon me :) Her family has been absolutely generous in welcoming me and taking tremendous care of me. I'm so spoilt *tears of gratitude*

Seon is also (for now) my translator, and tour guide. She was also the one who inspired me to start this blog. So, BIG FAT CHEERS for this amazing lady! (Psst! She also travels 2 hours to work a 9-to-5 at an NGO with no pay and tutors English while she job hunts. Absolutely admirable!)




But anyway, enough with the small talk.
So, what's the purpose of this blog? 

Well, I figured, since I'm here, living with a Korean family and all... I thought it'd be a good idea to explore foods, places, and things that usually aren't addressed in traveller books/guides (or sometimes just to help answer some questions/concerns a foreigner may have when visiting). I hope I do not come off to you as offensive "oh- I-*technically*-live-in-Korea-now-so-I-know-EVERYTHING-so-move-aside-bitch". It's nothing like that. To be quite frank, I know not much about this country. All I have are some friends, and a thirst for exploration. So, as a promise to myself, I told myself that I'd explore this place on my own terms (at my own pace). Everything from food, to places, entertainment, etc. (Hidden things, or things that aren't mentioned due to cultural differences) And in doing so, I'd also like to share the information from the experience learnt. What to do, where to go, how to get there, etc. So, I hope you'll be joining me as I dive into this completely new environment :)

As a promise, I'll do my very bestest to stay up-to-date with the posts. I can't promise that I'll have posts consistently but I'll do my utmost to keep this post updated at least once every 2 weeks. If, for some reason I'm absent, please forgive me. For I might be busy exploring/learning/job hunting. So for the next two months (at least), please drop by, leave comments, suggestions, questions and I will do my best in seeking the answers out to help both you and I :) Remember, I'm learning as I go, so I ask for your patience and understanding (if I mention things that you already know, leave me comments/suggestions on what I missed out/can work on but all I ask is that you be nice, okay? No one likes to be belittled, whether in person or on the internet)



3 comments:

  1. you're in korea??? SO FUN hehe. all the best, can't wait to read all your posts! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Kim, you're so Korean already.

    ReplyDelete